Monday, July 2, 2007

Summer...where has it gone and where I am going...

Okay, so it is July 2nd, and while that means I technically have 2 months left before Germany, it sure seems like a lot less time than that. In less than 24 hours, my younger sister, my parents, and I will be on the road heading for Colorado and a two-week holiday during which we will vacation with friends, camp for a week, see a "Green Home," try our hand at a state-of-the-art shooting range in New Mexico, visit with family in Dallas, Texas, and catch a show in Branson, Missouri. Upon returning, I have about a month during which I must visit the dentist, the doctor, the allergist, the Marquette Financial Aid & Bursar's Offices, all before I leave for an 11-day Alaskan cruise with one of my aunts. I will return from the cruise on 31. August/1. September and leave almost immediate for Germany. I am definitely looking forward to all of my forthcoming travels and can barely believe how lucky and blessed I am to be able to have these wonderful opportunities. The hardest part about all of this is the limited amount of time to work and save money for the coming academic year abroad. Unless I am able to work in Germany over the semester holiday, I only have a month left of possible work days before a year without any hard-earned income. Something I will need to learn to adjust to, as I have been working along with my constant array of activities that have kept me busy for almost as long as I can remember.

Well, I still have a lengthy list to accomplish before I head to bed and we leave tomorrow, so Happy 4th of July everybody!

No comments: